BNP Paribas Fortis is committed to Belgian artistic and cultural life and wants to open it up to the largest audience possible.
Our commitment to Belgium's cultural and artistic life
• We give everyone the opportunity to discover our historical and cultural heritage.
• We give access to our archives to researchers, historians and students.
• We open historical buildings to the public and publish explanatory brochures and booklets.
• We lend artworks from our collections to museums for exhibitions and retrospectives.
• We encourage the public to discover contemporary creation.
• We are partners of two renowned contemporary museums: the museum Dhondt-Dhaenens in Deurle and WIELS Contemporary Arts Centre in Brussels.
• We also support young Belgian creation through the Young Artistic Talent Award, a competition open to young artists.
• We are partners of renowned cultural institutions.
Through sponsorship, BNP Paribas Fortis is the partner of La Monnaie, BOZAR and Flagey. The bank also supports prestigious events such as the Queen Elisabeth Competition.
Culture at the level of the Group
The BNP Paribas Foundation actively champions culture, which it sees as a social necessity and an individual and collective development factor.
Its scope of action covers several areas: contemporary dance, circus arts and music. For over 30 years, the BNP Paribas Foundation has been the loyal and recognised sponsor of museums. It regularly contributes to the restoration of artworks and supports books and brochures illustrating their richness.