Lead Architect– m/f/x
Want to help shape the bank of tomorrow today?
Would you want to develop the architecture of Belgium's largest bank during its digital transformation ?
Then the Architecture department is looking to grow further thanks to additional talents. We have challenges for all passionate solution and enterprise architects : platformification of all bank businesses, secure cloud adoption, DevSecOps and CI/CD with new development frameworks, data architecture and data lake rollout, cybersecurity, and others.
Your future job
- You would join a growing team of 70 solution and enterprise architects and be responsible for leading the Data Architecture team and practice
- Lead and coordinate the discussions to set the future architecture direction
- Lead a team of ~5 solution architects
- Participate in the data strategy development (including opportunity identification, technology trade-offs, optimal transition architectures) by providing subject-matter expertise and architecture counsel to other managers
- Lead, consult and oversee multiple architecture engagements
- Develop the bank-wide data architecture practice, including a leverage of the architecture governance process and project gating, and supporting the training of junior architects and newcomers
- Work closely with the Data Tribe to ensure alignment of plans and delivery
- Advise on options, risks, impacts and technology priorities
- Develop a communication plan for architecture at domain level
- Lead the evaluation of emerging technology for the domain, consider the potential impact for the domain, including data governance and AI in general
- Manage the knowledge of the team to ensure knowledge / skills development and balance
Highlight your strengths
The successful candidate shall be able to put forward
- A proven experience 5+ years in IT architecture in a digital transformation context, including but not limited to data.
- Experience in large organizations is required; experience in Financial Services is a plus.
- Experience in managing a complex set of stakeholders, including senior managers so as to reach consensus and validation of the proposed architectures
- Experience in Agile product development environment and designing solutions in collaboration with Product Owners
- Proven ability to provide management with expert consulting services, and to help stakeholders resolve dependencies thanks to your facilitation skills.
Additional experiences in architecture frameworks, EA tooling, legacy modernization, architecture explicit contribution to complexity reduction are all welcome.
Our work environment mixes French, Dutch and English. So proficiency in at least one of those three languages is required.
The position is based in Brussels and does not require frequent travelling.
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
Your future workplace
Thanks to the daily commitment of our more than 12,000 employees, BNP Paribas Fortis aims to be a responsible and sustainable leader and the preferred partner of our clients over the long term. For IT it means developing ingenious banking technologies to continuously offer them tailored solutions—at every key moment in their lives.
Our IT teams work at the centre of Brussels, just a few 100m from the central station, the building has a company restaurant and the bank has a flexible homeworking policy.
Want to know more? Listen to Luciné, Web & Digital Foundations Cluster Product Owner.
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- The possibility of working part time (80 or 90 per cent).
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!