At BNP Paribas Fortis, we offer our customers a full range of financial products and services. Every day, we help our customers, regardless of their profile, whether they are individuals, companies or public institutions. BNP Paribas Fortis, it’s expertise and tailored solutions. It’s an international network in almost 75 countries!
Deep roots in Belgium
BNP Paribas Fortis was born from the merger of a number of strong financial companies, which since the 19th century have been essential pillars of Belgium's economic and social history. Our bank is firmly rooted in our society and has a tradition of genuine commitment through its services and support to the economy.
A bank for all
BNP Paribas Fortis offers a comprehensive range of financial products and services tailored to the needs of customers with very diverse profiles:
• Individuals, families, youth...
Whether small or large projects... Every day, we support our customers achieve their dreams.
• Private banking
Private banking customers are offered a wide range of services to manage and transfer their assets. Our approach is unique in Belgium.
• Entrepreneurs and companies
In BNP Paribas Fortis offices and business centres, entrepreneurs, professionals, SMEs and large companies can rely on our innovative and customised solutions.
• Local authorities and social sector
BNP Paribas Fortis is a strategic partner supporting its customers’ projects. Amongst others initiatives, we fund the construction of schools and hospitals.
• Corporate and institutional customers
In addition to traditional banking products, BNP Paribas Fortis also has plenty of specialised expertise. Leasing, cash management, export financing, private equity, corporate finance...
An international group
With approximately 184,000 employees - most of which are based in Europe - BNP Paribas is present in almost 75 countries around the world. Thanks to BNP Paribas Group’s international network and expertise, we guarantee tailored solutions to all our customers, whoever they are, whether they are individuals, companies, institutions or real estate developers.
BNP Paribas holds a key position in the following areas:
• Retail Banking
• Investment Solutions (BNP Paribas Cardif, BNP Paribas Securities Services, BNP Paribas Real Estate, BNP Paribas Investment Partners, BNP Paribas Wealth Management)
• Corporate & Investment Banking
Our specialised subsidiaries
For a number of specific services, BNP Paribas Fortis collaborates with the following subsidiaries:
• BNP Paribas Real Estate offers real estate services (transactions, advice, assessment, asset and investment management) to its professional and institutional customers, investors and real estate developers.
• BNP Paribas Cardif insures individuals, their families and their possessions.
Through various channels, BNP Paribas Cardif sells savings and insurance products including, as its main product in Belgium, outstanding balance insurance for mortgage loans.
• Arval is a car rental company that offers small and large businesses a leasing service including the administrative management of their fleet. In Belgium, Arval manages over 35,000 cars and vans of all makes and in all sectors.
• BNP Paribas Investment Partners is the Group’s independent business unit, which specialises in asset management. As experts, they are active on all major financial markets.
• BNP Paribas Securities Services offer institutional investors (pension funds, banks, insurance companies, asset managers, issuers etc.) a full range of solutions for the service industry sector: guard, regulation (purchase and sales of shares), transfers, transactions in securities (repayments, interest payments and dividends, conversions, etc.) and fiscal issues. The company handles shares in more than 100 different markets.
• BNP Paribas Factor Fortis is the factoring market leader, also known as "trade finance". Here companies can find financial services such as advances on invoices, monitoring of receivables and cover against non-payment of invoices by the debtors. BNP Paribas Factor Fortis is recognised as a credit insurance broker and, thanks to its many international partnerships, also offers factoring solutions for international export activities.
• BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions is specialised in leasing, professional equipment rental and leasing of real estate for businesses and professionals. With over 31 billion of assets under its management and over 3,300 employees worldwide, BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions has a unique position and can offer a wide range of leasing solutions in 23 countries.